Welcome to our fall session!
Summer was a busy, fun time in the studio! I enjoyed hearing about everyone’s adventures, vacations, and camps, and can’t wait to hear the same from returning students. We also managed to get a lot of learning in! Some highlights this past summer were:
- Reinforcing our understanding of Middle C and Treble C position with “It Smells Like Treble” starring Maxwell A. Skunk
- Completing four different piano “adventures” with Cami the Camel
- Collectively students memorized over 20 songs and composed some beautiful compositions that you can check out on Facebook!
Here is a sneak peek of some things we will be working on during the fall:
- Using the surfer themed “Cob Duster” to brush up on skills we may have forgotten over the summer
- The “Party Popper” and “Gold Mine” games to help learn intervals and tonic and dominant notes
- Christmas music will begin in October!
- Our fall piano recital will be held October 27th at 6:30pm at Rosemont Baptist Church.
I’ve planned fall in the studio to give students performance opportunities to work towards as well as developing new skills and expanding their repertoire. I know after a busy, happy summer it’s hard to get back into a routine of school, homework, sports, and piano practice. If I can be of assistance in any way please let me know!